Other input settings¶
There are three groups of these settings.
This part contains file names for base lines, materials (local) and layups
as shown in Listing 26. The
sub-element is optional. If this is included, PreVABS will read extra
materials from this local file, besides the global material database
(MaterialDB.xml). If there are materials and laminae with the same names,
data in the local material file will overwrite those in the global
<include>element is the relative path to the main input file;
- File extensions
.xmlcan be omitted.
1 2 3 4 5
<include> <baseline>path/baseline_file_name</baseline> <material>path/material_file_name</material> <layup>path/layup_file_name</layup> </include>
- <baseline> - Name of the included base line file.
- <material> - Name of the included local material file.
- <layup> - Name of the included layup file.
The second part contains settings for the analysis in VABS.
<model> can be 0 for classical beam model, or 1 for refined (Timoshenko)
1 2 3
<analysis> <model>1</model> </analysis>
- <model> - Beam model. Choose one from ‘0’ (classical) and ‘1’ (refined/Timoshenko).
Global shape and mesh settings¶
The last part contains optional global geometry and meshing settings,
which are all stored in a
User can set the global transformations of the cross section. The three transformation operations have been discussed in Section: Coordinate systems.
- The order of transformation operation is: translating, scaling, and rotating;
- All operations are performed on the cross section, not the frame;
- The scaling operation will only scale the shape (base lines), and have no effect on the thicknesses of laminae;
- The rotating angle starts from the positive half of the \(x_2\) axis, and increases positively counter-clockwise (right-hand rule).
There are two meshing options available now, global meshing size
<mesh_size> and type of elements
- If not setting, the global meshing size will be the minimum layer thickness by default;
- Two options for the element type are linear and quadratic.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<general> <translate>e2 e3</translate> <scale>scaling_factor</scale> <rotate>angle</rotate> <mesh_size>a</mesh_size> <element_type>quadratic</element_type> </general>
Only triangular element is available in the current version.